PUBG Corporation, a pioneer in the battle royale game genre, today announced that its pioneering PUBG game had sold 70 million units to date. To celebrate this milestone, the latest game update will welcome players back to the jungle with a reimagined map, a Loot Truck, a new season in Ranked Mode and more.
This return to the jungle in Sanhok, according to the developers, has been remastered based on information from fans. The family destiny, after the update, will be leaner, more cruel and more deadly than ever.
Here is a preview of the next update.
When the survivors fall in the Sanhok jungle, they discover that almost all the structures, trees, rocks and materials on the map have been reconstructed from scratch. Many locations on the map have had extensive design and art updates. Famous sites like Boot Camp, Ruins, Pai Nan, Khao and Quarry will also come with major design and feature updates.
For players interested in exploring new and hidden areas around the island, the developers have added a new tourist city, “Getaway”, and Bootcamp “Airfield”.
Alongside the revamped locations and remastered Sanhok, other thrilling additions to PUBG 8.1 include:
- Loot Truck: These are autonomous cargo transports driving the roads on Sanhok. They will provide a new way for players to gear up. As the trucks take damage, they will drop loot. If destroyed, the players will be awarded a large cache of loot and weapons.
- Confiscated Weapons: Players who destroy loot trucks will be rewarded with fully customized weapons. For the first time, players will be allowed to pick-up weapons that come with pre-installed attachments and unique skins.
- Improved Jerry Cans: Jerry cans are making a revised debut. Players can now set traps by pouring gas on the ground and setting fire to it.
- New Ranked Season: The much-requested change to scoring is finally here. Ranked Point acquisition is now taking team placement into account.
- Survivor Pass: Players get a large number of new skins to earn as they explore the forgotten paradise of Sanhok.
PUBG season 8 will be released for PC via Steam on July 22, while for Xbox One, PlayStation®4 and Stadia, the update will be available until July 30.