Recent News
Disney California Adventure theme park plans to host a food festival tentatively by March

Disney announced on Monday that it plans to host a food festival provisionally scheduled for mid-March, after the state suspended its home stay request last month.

In a letter commemorating California Adventure Park’s 20th anniversary, Disneyland Resort President Ken Potrock said that the “brand new limited time ticket experience” will feature “world-famous food and beverage offerings from across the resort, the most popular merchandise. unique and carefully crafted entertainment experiences. “

The event will have “limited capacity and improved health and safety measures in place,” added Potrock. The food festival prompted the company to call back about 1,000 employees who were laid off or laid off because of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.

“The past year has presented extraordinary challenges, but it has not in any way diminished our ability to move forward in a spirit of optimism,” Potrock said in the memo to employees.

California Governor Gavin Newsom issued a regional home order in early December last year, when COVID-19 infections increased in the state. Newsom suspended the order on January 25, “as the projected availability of UTI in 4 weeks in all regions has increased to more than 15%,” according to a press release.

Disneyland and its toys will still remain closed amid the ongoing pandemic. California reported almost 10,500 cases and more than 200 deaths on Monday. More than three million cases have been reported in California, and the death toll in the state has exceeded 44,000.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.